This learning intervention therefore seeks to provide competency based learning for staff in various facets of supply chain elements that are critical to the bottom line. This intervention may be seen as a contribution to the achieving of overall strategic intent and profitability of the company by addressing factors such as the following:
- The baseline for cost analysis must be aligned to current forecast revenues
- An understanding of the true profitability of each business is essential
- The cost focus must be enterprise wide
- Total cost management
- A well-organized end-to-end program.
- Consistent investment in cost control is required
- The tone at the top.